Long delay before files appear in My Computer in Windows XP
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
- HP ScanJet 4400C/4470C
- HP ScanJet 5400/5470C
- RCA DCM 215 DSL Modem
- Cable Modem (model unknown)
Windows Image Acquisition
Stop the WIA service. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Component Services.
- Click Services.
- In the Services (Local) list, right-click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), and then click Stop.
HP ScanJet 3400C
Unplug the HP ScanJet 3400C from the Universal Serial Bus (USB) port, and then restart Microsoft Windows XP.
HP ScanJet 5400/5470C
Unplug the HP ScanJet from the USB port, and then restart Microsoft Windows XP.
RCA DCM 215 DSL Modem
Unplug all other USB devices when you use this modem.
Cable modem (model unknown)
Unplug all other USB devices when you use your USB cable modem.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.